Thank you to all our lovely clients that have been so patient regarding coming into the building and having your consultations in the carpark Everything we have done was in an effort to keep both our team and you safe. We recently reviewed all our protocols with the team and as a result the following changes will come into effect on Monday 21st March
1. Owners will have access to the practice with some restrictions.
2. Appointments will return to 15 mins as the vet/nurse will no longer have to collect/return your pet from/to you in the car park.
3. We will continue to wear masks in the practice and request that you do too.
4. if you have an exemption from wearing a mask or refuse to, we will see you outside the practice as we are doing currently.
5. Only 1 client per pet will be allowed in the practice and consulting room at a time. Exemptions from this rule are in the event of an end of life procedure or if small children are accompanying you.
6. If it is an end of life procedure where you are exempt or unwilling to wear a mask we will do the procedure in one of the following locations, your car or the stables. at the rear of the practice.
7. We will recommence home visits for end of life procedures.
8. The waiting room will be marked up into sections where each consult room will have its own area.
9. We would respectfully request that you only seek entry to the practice a minute or two before your appointment time, if you arrive early you will be asked to wait in your car until your appointment time - this is to avoid congestion in the waiting room.
10 we will review again after a few weeks to see if we need to change our protocols further
11. Payment is still expected at the time of treatment or collection of medications
12. Please give us 48 hours notice of repeat prescriptions
We are delighted to announce that, ahead of the opening up of our practice following the relaxation in COVID-19 restrictions, a number of new job roles are now available at Selworthy Vets. We are looking for an experienced, qualified pet groomer to join our team, this is a new position. We are also looking for a full or part time Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our expanding team. Our nursing team has grown from 4 to 8 in the last 18 months and we are looking to expand it further. We are looking for people who are passionate about pets, share our love of animals and will work hard to provide the standards of animal care and customer service that we expect at all times.
The Positions will be based at our Kingsbridge Practice in South West Devon.
Pet Groomer. We already have a dedicated “groom room” with equipment set up for the pet groomer position. This is a new position and we are keen to either employ a dedicated groomer or to discuss a business proposition to a groomer with existing clients but looking for a base.
RVN. We are looking for a nurse to join our team and contribute to our OOH nursing provision as follows; 3 full days in practice and 1 night. We support nursing CPD and development, additionally there is a 5 weeks + BH annual leave package for the successful applicant(s). Among other things we want to expand our Nursing clinics and. We feel passionate that any Out Of Hours provision is done by our own teams at our own practice.
For further details of these job vacancies and any applications, please contact Stuart (Practice Manager) or Laura and Jacob (Head Nurses) www.selworthyvets.co.uk and email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a Small Animal Accredited Practice and we aim to provide an efficient, professional and caring veterinary service for you and for your animal.
We are based on the outskirts Kingsbridge, but we also cover surrounding areas including Dartmouth, Totnes and Salcombe.
We provide 24 hour emergency cover at this practice, by our regular staff.
See our events page for special offers, and for more information.
©2022 Selworthy Vets
Engineered by Artery Solutions Limited